Ralph is the former Director of Career Services at Georgia Institute of Technology where he led a high volume, full service career services office. He has a unique perspective on career services and college recruiting having worked extensively in both university and corporate environments. In addition to his work implementing creative programming for students, alumni, and corporate partners, he frequently worked directly with recruiters and executives on issues such as becoming employer of choice, campus relationship building, marketing, and brand name development on campus.
Prior to Georgia Tech he managed IBM's campus recruiting efforts nationwide. In that role, he helped develop new and innovative recruiting strategies and successful recruiting solutions in support of aggressive hiring goals.
Some of the key initiatives and accomplishments during Ralph's tenure at Georgia Tech and IBM include:
- Conceived and guided the creation of employer partnership programs that better defined avenues for employer relationship building on campus
- Consulted with hundreds of employers, from technology startups to top Fortune companies, tailoring specific branding and recruitment strategies
- Guided significant growth of internship programs and consulted with employers on internship program challenges and implementation
- Significantly increased services and programming to graduate students including Ph.D recruitment efforts
- Implemented creative applications of technology to include student interview feedback systems, data collection, program delivery, website re-designs for improved interactivity, and use of social media
- Developed and instituted significant program assessment processes built around student learning objectives and employer feedback
- Fashioned programs, strategies and assessment feedback approaches to meet 3,000+ annual college hiring goal
- Created and implemented training programs for line managers leading campus recruitment efforts at 150 campuses nationwide
Ralph is a NACE certified standards review expert for career centers. Association leadership activities include:
- Chairing and participating in multiple NACE committees
- Past President of the Southeastern Association of Colleges and Employers